Terms of Service
IF YOU ARE IN DANGER, CONSIDERING SUICIDE, OR NEED EMERGENCY HELP, CALL 9-1-1 (IN THE U.S.) OR YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES, NOW. IF YOU ARE USING A U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (“DoD”) COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE, PLEASE KNOW THAT YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITY MAY BE MONITORED OR RECORDED BY DoD.
About DoD Safe Helpline
Welcome to the DoD Safe HelpRoom (“Safe HelpRoom”). Safe HelpRoom is a service provided by DoD Safe Helpline (www.safehelpline.org) and operated by the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (“RAINN”, “we” or “us”). The DoD Safe Helpline is administered by the DoD pursuant to a contract with RAINN.
Please note that Safe HelpRoom is intended for Active Duty Service members in the Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserve Component consistent with DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Policy, as well as Coast Guard and Transitioning Service members. It is only available to those ages 18 and older.
All others should contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or online.rainn.org to be connected to your nearest sexual assault service provider.
Before using DoD Safe HelpRoom, please read each of the following policies carefully.
Please read our User Safety Procedures. Your safety is very important, so read this information now, before you use this service. There are things that you need to do on your own computer in order to stay safe. This is especially important if you are using a shared computer, if you suspect that someone is monitoring your computer, or if you are using a DoD computer.
- If you think your computer is not safe and private, find a safer computer.
- We have taken numerous measures to keep your communications safe while using our site. However, please note that no Internet transmissions are 100% secure.
- If you would prefer to talk to someone by telephone, you can call the Safe Helpline at 877-995-5247. (The phone number is the same in CONUS and via DSN.)
2. Privacy and Confidentiality
- We do not ask for any information that can be used to identify you.
- We will not record or store your support session. To protect your privacy, we highly recommend you do not record or store the session either.
- If we fear that you are in danger of committing suicide, if you are under 18, or otherwise as required by law, we may have to provide the information that you have given us to the appropriate authorities.
- Although we have taken precautions to protect your confidentiality, it is possible that a court of law will not keep private, and may require us to reveal, information that you provide during your Safe HelpRoom session. If you are concerned about this possibility, please use the Safe Helpline at 877-995-5247.
3. User Agreement
Please read our User Agreement.
If you would like to connect with a Safe Helpline staff member for anonymous and confidential one-on-one support, you can call Safe Helpline’s Telephone Helpline at 877-995-5247 or connect via the Online Helpline 24/7.
If you would like to find a responder in your local area to connect with for support, you can search for local responders via the Responders Near Me database.
To find information about upcoming Safe HelpRoom sessions, please visit SafeHelpline.org/Safe-HelpRoom.